This is to inform all candidates desiring to obtain an undergraduate admission into the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) to apply online for the 2016/2017 post-UTME screening exercise.
Eligibility for FUNAAB 2016/2017 Post-UTME Screening Exercise
The Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta has made it a compulsory requirement for both UTME and Direct entry candidates to participate in the pre-admission screening exercise into the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta.
Applications are expected from suitably qualified candidates who must have scored from 180 and above or from 200 and above depending and must have selected FUNAAB as the most preferred higher institution on the prescribed form obtainable from JAMB.
Change of Course
Do you want to change the course you initially applied? Now all you need to do is to direct your enquiries or request on the change of course to JAMB.
FUNAAB Post-UTME Screening Exercise
Candidates who are eligible to participate in the pre-admission screening exercise of FUNAAB MUST have written the 2016/2017 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and scored a minimum of 200 marks for the following courses:
- Food Science and Technology
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Home Science and Management
- Computer Science
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Veterinary Medicine
- Mechanical Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechatronic Engineering
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration
- Entrepreneurial Studies
had a minimum score of 180 marks for the following courses:
- Agricultural Administration
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Production and Health
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
- Agricultural Economics and Farm Management
- Animal Physiology
- Crop Protection
- Forestry and Wildlife Management
- Environmental Management and Toxicology
- Plant Breeding and Seed Technology
- Pasture and Range Management
- Plant Physiology and Crop Production
- Water Resources Management and Agro-meteorology
- Soil Science and Land Management
Please note that candidates/applicants who selected Biology, Bio-Chemistry or Microbiology but their JAMB score is within the range of 180 and 199 may be considered for Agricultural courses if they indicate interest.
FUNAAB Pre-Admission Screening Exercise for Direct Entry
Candidates for Direct Entry who have minimum of Upper-Credit and its equivalent and have as well applied to Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB) for admission into Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta are invited to do an online registration.
However, they should make sure that they forward their Academic Transcript to the FUNAAB Registrar on or before Monday, 1st August, 2016
Method of Application for 2016/2017 Pre-Admission Screening Exercise for FUNNAB
- Candidates who are eligible are required to access the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB Admission Portal). Then click on ‘Apply for Admission’ button and fill in their JAMB Direct Entry or JAMB UTME Registration Numbers. This will generate their Application Invoice which they should print out. The Application Invoice contains their Reference Numbers and other information on payment of Two Thousand and Five Hundred Naira (N2,500.00) only which also include REMITA fees. Note that the fee of N,2500.00 is non-refundable.
- Candidates are expected to go to any bank that accepts REMITA payment (Nationwide) or go online using debit card or through Internet Banking to pay the prescribed fee using the REMITA Reference Number.
- After making the payment, candidates are to go to FUNAAB Admission Portal in order to complete the e-application form as appropriate.
- Candidates should correctly enter their Bio-data, O’Level results, JUBEB/A-Level/NCE/IJMB/OND/HND results (where applicable). They should also upload a recent coloured passport photograph that is not more than six-months old.
- When uploading all the required details, candidates should first of all preview and confirm the entries before they click on the ‘Submit’ on the acknowledgment page.
- Thereafter, candidates are expected to print out the Application Form that displays their passport photograph
- Correcting wrongly entered data attracts a payment of N1, 000.00 only as fine and it is effected online before the closing date of the application. Click here for more details
- Complaints about wrong O’level results, JUBEB/A-Level/NCE/IJMB/OND/HND results, Bio-Data or blank picture will not be entertained.
- Candidates who upload wrong O’level results,UTME/ JUBEB/A-Level/NCE/IJMB/OND/HND results, Bio-Data will be disqualified automatically.
Note: When filling your application form, make sure you provide accurate bio-data and academic information.
FUNAAB Screening Details
The Post-UTME Screening Exercise holds from Monday, 25th July to Wednesday, 27th July, 2016. From Wednesday, 20th of July, 2016, candidates should endeavour to check the FUNAAB Admission Portal for their status. Candidates whose names are shortlisted should print and note down their screening dates and venue.
Application Deadline for FUNAAB Pre-Admission Screening Exercise
Application started on Thursday, 30th June 2016 and it will be closing on Tuesday, 12th July, 2016. Please note that it is only candidates whose applications are completed before the stipulated deadline that are considered.