Finally, the awaited 2016 May/June West African Examination Council (WAEC) Result is out. The WASSCE (West African Senior School Certificate Examination) is an examination students who have completed their SS II or SS III classes in their various secondary schools (both private and government owned schools) write.
Some African countries such as Gambia, Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria and Sierra Leone sit for the WASSCE before gaining admission into any approved Private, State or Federal owned tertiary institution.
First of all, you have to understand that checking your West African Examination Council result online is not a big deal at all. However, we have made it easier through this article for students and others to check and print their results not minding the country they are in. This article contains a guide on how to check as well as print out your West African Examination Council result.
Easy Steps/Procedures On How To Check Your May/June WAEC Result Online
- Log on to WAEC Result Checking Portal at www.waecdirect.org
- Type in your 10-digit WAEC Examination Number in the required column (Your WAEC Exam Number is your 7-digit Centre Number, then followed your 3-digit Candidate Number e.g 4123456780
- Select your Examination e.g 2016 if you are checking for 2016
- Select the Type of Examination which is May/June WASSCE or Nov/Dec WASSCE
- Enter the Card Serial Number at the back of the WAEC Result Checking Scratch Card
- Enter the PIN (Personal Identification Number) on the Scratch Card
- Finally, click the ‘Submit’ button to see your 2016 WAEC Result
It’s just that simply, Goodluck
Alternatively, you can check your WASSCE Result| May/June WAEC Result through:
Short Messaging Service (SMS)
Send an SMS in the format shown below:
- WAEC*Examination Number*PIN*Exam Year to short-code 32327 (Glo, MTN and Celtel subscribers)
- For Example: WAEC*4123456780*123456789012*2016
After sending the SMS, wait for your result to be forwarded to your phone through SMS. SMS only costs N30.00
Note: Make sure you strictly adhere to the above format. Do not space in the message.
For more information, visit www.waecdirect.org
WAEC Help and Support Service Centre: If you have any issues/problems checking your result earlier, simply send an email to: Online Support on Telephone No, 01-2700516