2016/2017 University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED) Post-UTME Screening Exercise: Eligibility. Registration and Screening Details
This is to inform all the interested and suitably qualified candidates that the University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED),Ondo State invites them for application for admission screening exercise into her degree programmes for the2016/2017 academic session. The potential students will be admitted into any of the following faculties/courses of their choice:
(A.) Faculty of Allied Health Sciences
- Nursing Science
(B.) Faculty of Basic Medical Science
(C.) Faculty of Clinical Science
- Medicine and Surgery
(D.) Faculty of Dentistry
(E.) Faculty of Sciences
- Biological Science
- Physics (Electronics and Medical Physics Option)
Eligibility for Application for 2016/2017 University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED) Post-UTME Screening Exercise
- Candidates who had a minimum score of 180 marks and above in the 2016 UTME that was conducted by JAMB (Joint Admissions Matriculation Board)
- Direct Entry Candidates who have applied to JAMB and who have a minimum of ten (10) points in related A’level subjects or a B.Sc. (Hons) degree in the Biological or Basic Medical Sciences with a Second Class (Lower Division) as a minimum class are eligible to apply for Medicine and Surgery as well as Dentistry Courses
- The first four courses in the list of courses/faculties above require English Language, Biology, Chemistry and Physics in UTME
- Biological Sciences candidates must compulsorily take English Language, Biology, Chemistry and Physics in UTME
- For Physics and Chemistry programmes, candidates are advised to take English Language, Biology/Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics in UTME
- Candidates for Mathematics programmes need English Language, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry in UTME
Method of Application/How to Apply for the 2016/2017 University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED) Post-UTME Screening Exercise
- Visit any Bank across the nation on e-Transact platform for 2016 University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED) Admission Screening Exercise. Note that the Full Names (as exactly the way it is on JAMB Slip), UTME/DE Registration Number and Phone Numbers must be provided correctly at the payment point. A sum of Twelve Thousand Naira (N12,000.00) which does not involve the bank commission/charges is to be paid. The N12,000.00 is the Screening Fee.
- Collect Print-out front the bank
- Proceed to the UNIMED’s portal HERE to verify your payment
- Complete and submit the Admission Screening Exercise Form of UNIMED online with the right information. Make sure that you avoid using another person’s information on your application form
- Print the completed copy of the Application Form.
For further information on payment and application, please check the Website of the University HERE.
- The passport that will be uploaded must be a recent one and should clearly show the face of the candidate. It must be taken on White Background and must not exceed 10kb.
- Candidates should avoid making payment to any unauthorised account. In case you are in doubt of the account, seek clarification.
Candidates are advised to check the UNIMED portal for their specific date, venue and time of the Screening Exercise
Documents/Materials Requirements for the 2016/2017 University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED) Post-UTME Screening Exercise
Candidates are expected to come to the screening venue with the followings items listed below:
- JAMB UTME Original Slip which contains the passport photograph/ Registration Slips for Direct-Entry Candidates
- Print-out of e-Transact payment receipt (collect from the bank)
- The depositor’s copy of Bank Teller which indicates payment of the sum of N12,000.00 (Twelve Thousand Naira) only
- Print out of the completed University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED) Screening Exercise Online Registration Form
Application Deadline for the 2016/2017 University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED) Post-UTME Screening Exercise
Registration/Application Form for the Screening Exercise is still available online. Application ends on Wednesday’s Midnight, the 31st of August 2016. For further information, candidates should visit the University’s website HERE
Please note the following:
- Candidates are not permitted to bring their mobile phones or any electronic gadgets into the screening venue.
- Any candidate who does not present herself/himself for the Admission Screening Exercise will be disqualified for admission.
The University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED) has no individual/sales agent. For valid and genuine details about admissions into the various programmes offered by UNIMED, candidates are advised to visit the University’s website at www.unimeds.edu.ng or visit the administration and liaison offices of the university which is where the information about they seek can only be obtained.
In addition, valid payments for the purchase of form is only done as already prescribed above. Do NOT pay into any individual’s account. Be guided, please!