The University of Benin (UNIBEN) wishes to invite all interested and qualified candidates who applied for admission into the university as their most preferred choice (first choice) in the 2016 UTME to log on to University of Benin’s website HERE for details of the Pre-Admission Screening Exercise procedure.
The registration for pre-admission screening commences on Friday, 2nd September 2016 and closes at 12:00 midnight on Sunday 11th September, 2016.
Eligibility for the 2016/2017 University of Benin (UNIBEN) Post-UTME Screening Exercise
- Candidates must score a minimum of 200 points in the 2016 UTME for all courses except those candidates for which higher benchmarks have been specified in the university website. Click HERE to see the needed cut-off marks for various courses.
- Candidates must obtain at least 5 credit passes at GCE O’Level, SSCE, NECO or their equivalent. The subjects must include English Language as well as Mathematics (for courses for which a credit in mathematics is needed) and three other relevant subjects at not more than two (2) sittings except for the MBBS degree for which only one sitting is required (four if excluding mathematics)
Eligible candidates should click on ‘Register for Application’ to proceed if you are applying for the first time or else login with your Application ID and password to continue if this is not your first visit.
University of Benin (UNIBEN) is aware that several candidates had earlier registered for the previously scheduled Computer Based Admission Screening Exercise which was cancelled subsequently by the Federal Government
For such candidates, they do not need to make any further payment so as to register for the Pre-Admission Screening Exercise
Candidates are to login with their credentials and provide their NECO/WAEC/other equivalent examination results
For those candidates who are registering for the first time, UNIBEN will charge them a Screening Fee of Two Thousand Five Hundred Naira (N2,500.00) only
Method of Application for New Applicants who are for the 2016/2017 University of Benin (UNIBEN) Post-UTME Screening Exercise
Candidates who are first time applicants are to for the procedure below for the 2016/2017 Admission Screening Exercise:
- Candidates are advice to have a valid email address before they start the application process
- Visit the university’s website HERE
- Click on ‘Student Portal’
- Click on UNIBEN Admission Screening 2016/2017
- Click on ‘Register for Application’ at the top left of the page displayed to proceed
- Type in your Surname as exactly written on the JAMB Registration Slip and JAMB Registration Number. Immediately, your ID and password will be shown on the browser
- Back on HERE, click on ‘Login’ at the top right of the front page
- Type in your Surname and password to login
- To start the application process, click on ‘Application Record’ and provide all the required information and upload your passport photograph
- Upload your recent and clear 1 X1 coloured passport photograph with red background which should be in JPEG format only
- The passport photograph upload will be the only valid ID for all the admitted students throughout their period of stay in UNIBEN. So, failure to upload the specified passport photograph will lead to disqualification and then failure of admission
- To pay for the Application, click on ‘Add Online Payment Ticket’ at the bottom of the page
- Then, click on ‘College Pay’ on the top left corner of the page
- Follow the instruction to pay the Application Fee of Two Thousand Five Hundred Naira (N2,500.00) excluding Portal Services and Interswitch charges with the ATM-Enabled Verve or Master Card from any Commercial Bank
- Print out the Acknowledgement Slip which contains the screening schedule
Candidates are advised to return online from 12th September, 2016 to check the date, date and venue for the face-to-face Screening Exercise
Note: Candidates are to come to their Screening Venues with the Acknowledgement Slip/Screening Invitation Slip that contains the screening schedule
Application Deadline for the 2016/2017 University of Benin (UNIBEN) Post-UTME Screening Exercise
Application closes on 11th September, 2016