2016/2017 University of Benin (UNIBEN) Post-UTME Screening Exercise: Eligibility, Registration and Screening Details
The University of Benin (UNIBEN) invites application from all the interested and qualified candidates for admission Screening Exercise into 2016/2017 academic session. The Screening Exercise is Computer-Based. Every candidate for the screening is expected to be seated at least one hour before the scheduled time for the screening exercise.
Eligibility for the 2016/2017 University of Benin (UNIBEN) Post-UTME Screening Exercise
- Candidates who chose University of Benin (UNIBEN) as their most preferred choice of institution (i.e First Choice) in the last Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination conducted by JAMB
- Candidate must have scored a minimum of 200 and above in the 2016 UTME to qualify for the screening exercise
Method of Application/How to Apply for the 2016/2017 University of Benin (UNIBEN) Post-UTME Screening Exercise
Candidates are advised to get a valid email account before they can start the application process. Below is the procedure for the 2016/2017 Post-UTME Screening Application:
- Log on to UNIBEN’s website HERE
- Click on “Student Portal”
- Click on “Register for Application” just at the top left of the display page
- Fill in your Surname as it is exactly written on your JAMB Registration Slip
- Enter your JAMB Registration Number quickly. Your ID and Password will be shown on the browser
- On the page HERE, just click on “Login” at the top right of front page
- Put your Username and Password to login
- In order to begin the application process, click on “Application Record” and then provide all the needed information and upload your passport photograph
- Upload a clear and recent 1 by 1 coloured passport photograph in a JPEG format and in a red background.
- The photograph uploaded will be the only valid ID for all the admitted candidates throughout their period of stay in UNIBEN.
- Any candidate who fails to upload the specified passport photograph will not be considered for admission.
To pay for the online application, click on “Add online payment ticket” just at the bottom of the page. Go ahead and click on “College Pay” on the top left corner of the page. Carefully follow the instruction to pay the application fee of Two Thousand Naira (N2,000.00) only. The N2,000.00 excludes other charges including Interswitch and Portal Services charges with a Master Card and ATM-Enabled Verve from any commercial bank. You can also pay the sum of N1,000.00 (optional) for the admission screening exercise past questions. A link is shown, then “Download past questions to practice”.
Make sure that you preview and confirm your information before you submit your application online. This is because no correction will be allowed after the date of closure.
Print out an Acknowledgement Slip which has the following Screening Schedule:
The Grouping of Courses for Screening Exercise
- Management Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Education – Management Sciences
- Education – Social Sciences
- Mathematics and Economics
- Technical Education
- Physical Sciences
- Education – Physical Sciences
- Basic Medical Sciences
- Education Life Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Education Arts
Candidates are to go back online on the 25th June 2016 to check the Day, Time and Venue of the screening.
Date for the 2016/2017 University of Benin (UNIBEN) Post-UTME Screening Exercise
The screening will start from the 27th of June, 2016 to the 9th of July 2016 in centres designated within the Ugbowo Campus of the University
Application Deadline/Closing Date for Online Application of the 2016/2017 University of Benin (UNIBEN) Post-UTME Screening Exercise
The Application website will be closed on 22nd June 2016. Candidates who pay after the deadline will not participate in the screening exercise.
Note: All candidates are advised to come to the screening venue with their JAMB Original Result Slip with their passport photograph on it.
No mobile phone and other electronic gadgets will be allowed into the screening venue.