2016/2017 Nigeria Police Academic Application Into Fourth (4th) Regular Course Degree Programme: Eligibility, Method of Application and Admission Requirement Detail
Nigeria Police Academy wishes to invite the general public that the commencement of the sale of online application forms for 2016/2017 admission into its fourth Regular Course Programme is on Wednesday 16th of March, 2016 to close on Friday, 17th June, 2016. Admission into the Police Academy for the 2016/2017 academic session is open to both female and male Nigerians of unquestionable character good.
Eligibility for the 2016/2017 Nigeria Police Academy
- Applicants must apply via JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) and sit for the UTME (Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination).
- Note: Candidates does not need to choose the Nigerian Police Academy as an institution of choice in the JAMB form.
- It is only the candidates who got the UTME minimum scores which are determined by JAMB and only bought the Academy Online Application Form will be eligible to participate in the Selection Examination of the Nigerian Police Academy
Method of Application (How to Apply for the 2016/2017 Nigeria Police Academy)
- All the interest applicants are required to visit the Website of Nigeria Police Academy at www.polac.edu.ng so as to generate or obtain RRR (Remita Retrieval Reference) code. The generated RRR code can be used to pay the sum of Three Thousand Naira (N3,000.00) via any commercial bank branch across Nigeria.
Submission of Applications
Submission of Applications is online. On submitting the applications, applicants are expected to download Acknowledgement Form. Applicants who had the minimum national cut-off marks or above will be enabled to download their examination cards as well as print it.
Programmes/Courses of Study
Programmes of Bachelor’s degree in the disciplines listed below are available in the Academy:
(A.) Faculty of Humanities: BA in
- English Language
- History and International Studies
- Nigerian Languages and Linguistics
(B.) Faculty of Law: LLB
(C.) Faculty of Social and Management Sciences: B.Sc in
- Political Science
- Management Sciences
(D.) Faculty of Science: B.Sc in
- Computer Science
- Biological Science
- Forensic Science
Admission Requirements for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Examination
- Candidates must possess a minimum of six (6) credits at the SSCE (Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination conducted by WAEC (West African Examinations Council) or NABTEB (National Business and Technical Examinations Board) at not more than two sittings and must include a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics and also other subjects relevant to the chosen course of study of candidate in the Academy
- Candidates who seek admission into the Academy must be a citizen of Nigeria and must be within the age range of 17 and 22 and must have a height that is not less than 91cm (36 Inches) if female and 1.62m (5 Feet 4 Inches) if male. To add to that, male candidates must have an expanded size of chest of not less than 91cm (36 Inches). Also, all the candidates must be free from any mental disability or physical deformity.
- Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE) Statement of Result or any other certificate related to examinations taken before 2012 won’t be accepted
- Candidates must obtain satisfactory scores in both the interview and written examination and must pass the psychological and physical tests of fitness.
Selection Examination Date and Conditions for Nigeria Police Academy
- The Selection Examination will be conducted on Saturday, the 16th of July, 2016. The Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil Selection Examination may be CBT that is Computer Based Test or pencil and paper. The examination will consist of Selection A (General Paper) which is mandatory for all candidates. It will cover areas like English Language, Mathematics, Current affairs and General Knowledge. Other sections are to be chosen in accordance with Candidate’s Faculty of choice.
- It is the candidates who had the minimum national cut-off marks or above will be eligible to partake in the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Examination at twelve designated centres. The list of the centres is in the Academy Website.
- An invitation will be sent to only candidates who are successful in the Selection Examination for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Board Interview. The names of the successful candidates will be published in some national newspapers and on our websites.
Requirements/Documents Needed for the Selection Examination of the 2016/2017 Nigeria Police Academy
The following are the requirements candidates should come along with to the venue of the selection examination:
- Acknowledgement Form
- Examination Card
- JAMB Slip
- Two Postcard Size Photographs (3.5×5 Inches) which should only show from the chest upwards. And behind each of the two postcard size photographs, the candidates should write their name, examination number, state of origin and signature
Nature and Duration of Course
Candidates who will be admitted into the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil degree course will go through a combined academic and police training for a minimum period of 5 (Five) years which leads to Bachelor’s degrees and commission into the Nigeria Police Force as ASP (Assistant Superintendent of Police).
POLAC Examination Centres/List of Examination:
- Abuja – National Universities Commission, Auditorium
- Bauchi – Police Training School, Bauchi
- Enugu – Police Detective College, Enugu
- Ibadan – Police Training School, Ibadan
- Jos – Police Staff College, Jos
- Kaduna – Police College, Kaduna
- Kano – Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil
- Lagos – Police College, Ikeja
- Maiduguri – Police College, Maiduguri
- Minna – Police Secondary School, Minna
- Owerri – Police College, Owerri
- Port Harcourt – Police Secondary School, Port Harcourt
Selection Examination Courses
The Examination shall take the following pattern:
Selection A: General Paper – mandatory for every candidate (weighing 40%). Only one section is to be answered by candidates based on Faculty of Choice (weighing 60%)
General Paper and Any of the Following Three Subjects
Section B: Faculty of Humanities
- Literature in English
Section C: Faculty of Law
- Literature in English
Section D: Faculty of Science
Section E: Faculty of Social and Management Sciences
- Principles of Accounts/Commerce